One of my favorite things at a Hibachi restaurant is the Fried Rice and Benihana's is so good. I found a recipe online and am going to try it tonight!
Recipe via Food.com:
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
2 ounces cooked chicken
8 ounces steamed rice
2 tablespoons onion, chopped
2 tablespoons carrot, chopped
2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons green peas
1 teaspoon sesame seed
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon oil (use for cooking veggies)
2 teaspoons soy sauce (or more to taste)
6 pinches pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
Salt to taste
- Scramble eggs and chop after cooking.
- Saute chopped onion, green onion, seasoning and carrots in the oil until done and mix with chopped scrambled egg and chicken.
- Break off chunks of steamed rice and mix with vegetable, egg and chicken.
- Add sesame seed, minced garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, stirring well.
- Add butter and soy sauce into the mixture, stirring well until done.